Saturday, December 18, 2010

PINK SATURDAY AT CHRISTMASTIME

http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com












I'm also linking to the Christmas Tour of Homes 2010 at www.thenester.com
cottageandvine.blogspot.com
http:/www.allthingsheartandhome.com

Typically, the kitchen is the hub of activity in most homes, and mine is no exception. I've always enjoyed decorating this room, since it's the one I spend the most time in. There seems to be an endless possibility of culinary-related things with which to "Christmas-up" this space!

The first thing I do is to prop up this wooden gingerbread man wreath on the stove hood. I bought this 30 years ago, when my daughter was a baby, and I've used it every year since!

The next thing I do is to place this little tree on one end of the island. With Santa and Mrs. Santa standing underneath, it's the first thing we see when coming in the back door. I leave the lights plugged in all the time, so it's a cheery sight when coming home late at night from a Christmas party.
 
 

 The cute little baking snow people came from Williams-Sonoma quite a few years ago.
 









The kitchen window sill gets trimmed out with a few pieces from my reindeer collection. They have bobble-heads, which for some silly reason, never fails to delight me! The two green polka-dotted pieces are the work of the late folk artist, Penny McCallister (http://www.christmastraditions.com/Merchand/PenPals/PenPals.htm)
I saw her and her work featured, years ago, in Country Living magazine. Sadly, she passed away earlier this year. I was so excited when I received one at a gift exchange and found another one at one of my favorite shops.  The darling metal wreath is another 30 year-old treasure that I bring out every year.





Don't you love her eyelashes?

...And, a little cheer over the breakfast table, with a garland and some country French animal friends, from one of my favorite shops, Pierre Deaux...

 

























11 comments:

  1. sooo delightful and full of charm! I'll be by this afternoon to pick up that ceramic cream rabbit and that red and lime dotty reindeer... Thanks for sharing and Merry Pinks to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Holidays to you and your family, Tracy. I am so glad you decided to participate today.

    Your kitchen looks so festive. I have a tree on my island, too, and I have those same baking snowmen from Williams-Sonoma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, you have the cutest things..I wish I could come and visit and ooh and ahh over each one! And I am going to get my little tree and put it up in my kitchen right now! Love ya..and you have a wonderful Christmas my friend! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:23 PM

    Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones...Thank you for sharing HPS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute! i love those kitchen snowmen and that reindeer with the super long lashes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:36 PM

    In Tracy's Kitchen there hangs a chandelier of animated ducks and bunnies who spin around creating holly and not hissy fits, and dangling from the ivy leaves are snowmen who at night when all are in bed make honeysuckle candy and cook. And what do our wondering eyes should appear but a miniture grandma and grandpa chef quite the pair and loaded for bear with every kitchen gadget that can be found they cook and bake to make Christmas Day grand. I smell the coffee from the gulf coast and the pies in the oven and the table setting how grand. Love your world wishing I was there. Merry Christmas Terri www.morningdewdrops.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved all your photos. Your ornaments are just lovely. Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love The Kitchen Santa and Mrs. Claus!! Everything else is just so cute!! Great decorations!!

    Merry Christmas!!

    Debbie @ A Debbie-Dabble Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your festive decorations. Mr. and Mrs. Claus are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tracy, how delightful that you have used that wreath since your daughter was born. That is such a treasure. Your decorations are all so meaningful and I am thrilled that you shared them at the "Tour of Homes" party. Happy holidays!

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute! I love all of your whimsical animals and snowmen!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails