Thursday, July 8, 2010

BROWN RICE WITH FETA, PISTACHIOS AND MINT




Thanks to our hostess, Michael, for bringing us this popular weekly event. It's always a taste-treat!

http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com






I think I got this recipe from Southern Living Magazine. It's very tasty and healthy, too. Best of all, it fits my criteria of quick and easy!

BROWN RICE WITH FETA, PISTACHIOS AND MINT

Makes: 8 servings   Prep: 15 minutes                                          


2 Tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups uncooked quick-cooking brown rice
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup chopped pistachios
3 Tablespoons chopped fresh mint
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon pepper




Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.

Stir in salt and 3-1/2 cups water; bring to a boil.
Stir in brown rice, cover, reduce heat to low. and cook 10 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.

Stir in remaining ingredients.

That's it, you're finished!




With this type of recipe, I almost always find that I like more of everything than the recipe calls for. In this case, I added the entire 6-oz. carton of feta cheese and considerably more mint and lemon zest. I also sprinkled extra pistachios on top. Of course, you will season with salt and pepper to your personal preference.

4 comments:

  1. Finally! A use for the mint that's invaded my perennial border. We may have to make a LOT of this before summer's end.
    Lovely recipe, thanks for sharing.
    Have a wonderful weekend...
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great1 I'll have to try~ quick & easy is the perfect recipe for the summer...wonder could I throw some chicken in there & call it dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary- That's an inspired idea! I just happen to have rotisserie chicken in the fridge, so you've just planned dinner at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a beyond delicious recipe, Tracey! thanks for all the photos, too. Have a great wknd. xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails