Sunday, April 25, 2010

BLUE MONDAY IN THE KITCHEN CABINET







http://smilingsally.blogspot.com


When we renovated our kitchen, we had this odd little space which was very shallow. Since I didn't want to waste an inch, I had the idea of putting a glass-front cabinet to organize some of my "little things." The drawers with knobs hold spices and tilt outward for easy access. The very shallow cabinets underneath hold a huge supply of light bulbs! Three little puck lights illuminate everything.



Luckily, you can't see where this pitcher just slid off the shelf and chipped. But, you can see the empty shelf, that lost one of it's brackets!




I love lambs! This one is perfect for holding speckled malted milk balls at Easter.


I bought this plate on a trip to Aspen, Colorado -- - one of two hopeless attempts to learn to ski---after age 40!


Oops, I think I need to dust!


I also love rabbits!




The little cow and pig pieces are Hadley pottery. The mermaid is a salt shaker. The miniature bowl on the right is a handmade piece from a craft show.



I bought this handmade vase at an art gallery. Wish I could remember where!


My daughter gave me this cute lady vase for Mother's Day one year. The saucer is a little purchase from a trip to Italy.

The Princess and the Frog!




I've had the white chicken dish since I was a toddler, which means it's a true antique! When I was little, I referred to it as "my chickie dish".


WISHING YOU A HAPPY BLUE MONDAY!

10 comments:

  1. I love your cabinet filled with all your blue treasures. I love the big knobs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, I really love your cabinetry- just lovely! Care to share the rst of the kitchen (you know my obsession with kitchens!)
    xoxo Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful idea to display your treasures! I have a frog and pig that match your rabbit (same artist). Happy Blue Monday, Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your cabinetry and all of your blue things are so pretty. You've got some unusual pieces...very nice! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the chickens!.. and the Princess-n-the-Frog!.. But I got a kick out of the bunny on the right (8th photo down), who might be nibbling on something; but to ME, he looks like maybe he's trying to mind his manners, at the same time he's trying very hard to supress a giggle!! So cute, he makes ME giggle! Happy Blue Monday to you! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow more blue dishes love it! Happy Monday!

    Blue Monday~Blue Jars2

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your glass cabinet!! What a great idea! I have a "Girl Vase" given to me from my daughter a few years ago too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tracy. Have you been having a "hissy fit" since I haven't "visited" in a while? I LOVE your blue. My great aunt was a Hadley so there's lots of that pottery in the family. Sadly, I only have one pitcher but I love it. Great idea for that small space. Wish I had room for such an addition. I've become a "follower" so I won't forget to visit.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:28 PM

    I love using every bit of space...what a great idea! We have an old house so there are always interesting odd spaces! Trish

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! Initially I thought the rabbit on the right might be chuckling... but as in my yard... I'm sure he's eating something!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails