Thursday, March 4, 2010

NESTING




Every year, during the Spring and summer months, we notice birds flying in and out of the carriage lights on either side of our back door. It's always amazing to me that they build their nests right next to a door that we use constantly. Not to mention, a door that constantly has at least five dogs hovering around it! I've never retrieved a nest until I was convinced that the birds were not coming back. I'm never sure why they abandon their nests, with the precious eggs left in them. The nest above is real, complete with five eggs.




I was intrigued with this little metal "nest holder". It actually folds up for storage! I love it's "twiggy" feet! Although I show it with nests today, I've also used it to hold small pots of African Violets or other plants.




These other nests are not real, of course, but I think they're cute anyway!







4 comments:

  1. I found your blog at Beverly's Pink Saturday post list. Hi from Colorado! I am always so intrigued by the crafty ladies I meet here. I hope you have a beautiful day as you certainly have a beautiful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these nests. So sweet! Glad I found your blog somehow. It's so happy and cheerful. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love nests. Hope you have a wonderful Pink Saturday!!!! Cheers, Lia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love all those nests! You've arranged all of them so beautifully.

    Stop by my blog, I have something for you. :)

    http://thegatheringplacedesign.blogspot.com/2010/03/beautiful-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails