Friday, March 19, 2010

SAIL AWAY...



image courtesy of theloveshop

No trip to Key West would be complete without at least one sunset sail. When I was growing up, my father had a sailboat. My sister and I, typical teenagers, had no interest in anything so slow and boring. Fast forward a few years, and there's nothing better than than quiet peacefulness of gliding across the water, listening to the sound of the sails crackling in the wind.






As you can see, I'm obsessed with taking pictures on board. I think the sails and rigging make such interesting compositions.














Two years in a row, the boat we sailed on offered entertainment, by this very talented and versatile musician. The perfect accompaniment to a sunset sail.




3 comments:

  1. how absolutely beautiful!
    xoxo Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photographs. What a lovely (and slow) way to spend a vacation. Thanks for the "postcard".

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful photos!!
    I want to be on that boat ~~

    xoxo Laura

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails