Monday, February 1, 2010

THE WAY TO A WOMAN'S HEART...



I'm lucky enough to have a husband whose hobby is cooking. Night after night, we have the most delicious, delectable dinners! (Of course, I do have to clean up the kitchen,which is usually a daunting task.) Tonight, he made shrimp over fettucine, salad with his special oil and balsamic dressing and toasted cheese bread. Yes, he made the bread, too!
Shrimp & Fettucine
Saute 3/4 lb. shrimp in 3 T. butter
Set aside
In same skillet, saute 1/2 onion and 1/4 red bell pepper
Add shrimp back to pan with onion and bell pepper
Add 1/4 cup heavy cream---or fat-free half-and-half!
Add a splash of sherry
Simmer for 3 minutes
Stir in 2T. fresh oregano, chopped
Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese

2 comments:

  1. Tracy, you should have your hubby link up to Foodie Friday-it's fun and he'd love the recipes. Our blog is a mix of food and design. I love shrimp and, being Italian, I adore fettucine so I'll put this on my must-try list!
    xoxo Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails