Monday, February 1, 2010

NEW YEAR, NEW BLOG





There's no doubt about it. I'm not a winter person. Give me flip-flop weather every day of the year. On a gloomy winter day like this one has been, I take solace in some little self-indulgences. I spent most of the afternoon in front of a blazing fireplace, with candles burning and lamps warmly glowing. I had a stack of books and magazines and two sweet dogs who love to cuddle. As it started to get dark, I opened a nice bottle of Pinot Noir and poured myself a glass. A small dish of cheese straws was the perfect accompaniment. And, that's how I "do" winter!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, girl- we would get along very well. I love your way of "doing" winter!
    xoxo Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wine, lots of wine! Keeps me from whining too much about winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, hey! I found Violet! Oh how I LOVE tricolor girls! Give that little lady a big snuggle from a friend in New Jersey.
    :-)
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll do that, and you give Dion a kiss for us!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails