Monday, June 21, 2010

"WHEN PIGS FLY" FOR BLUE MONDAY



http://smilingsally.blogspot.com







I've always loved the expression "when pigs fly...". So, when I saw this cute little guy at an arts and crafts show, I knew he had to come home with me. He's spent time at the beach house and the city house, since his color works so well at both places. As you can see, he's made out of sheet metal and other "found" pieces of junk.


I love his curly little pig tail made out of nuts and bolts.




 Each year, in March, Fairhope, Alabama is host to one of the largest arts and crafts shows in the country. Downtown streets are closed off and filled with several hundred vendors. The offerings range from ticky-tacky to beautiful fine arts. If you can't find something to buy here, you just aren't an arts and crafts person!

13 comments:

  1. I love that blue pig. I wish we had good craft fairs where I live.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:46 AM

    That is one cute pig! DH would love this - he's a real pig connoiseuer ;) I always think of "Flo" from Mel's Diner when I hear that phrase (When pigs fly!) Happy Blues~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that expression too so I think this is absolutely adorable! I would love to browse that arts and crafts fair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my that is so cute. And it's my first time to see a flying pig hehe ^_^ Happy Summer!


    Anything Blue

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is a cute little piggie! And I would love to go there and look around all day! Come say hi :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so neat. I love folk art, and I bet that festival is so much fun! Thanks for sharing your cute pig with us and also that info on Fairhope! I might have to visit for their festival!

    Happy Blue Monday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH BOY, he's right up my alley. I LOVE TIN pieces. He'd go perfect here too. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, cute....Tracy, thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog today...it meant so, so much.
    Thanks!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one interesting pig. It looks great where you put him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool Pig and I must say, i love the title of your blog...Soooo FUN..
    Happy Blue Monday !!!
    Blessings and Hugs Dena

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL... a pig with wings!!!

    If you are interested in a dog cafe painting... please email me and I will answer your questions...
    fifi@atelierdefifi.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous7:51 AM

    "That's some pig." Great find! ...Karen

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails