Wednesday, June 23, 2010

WHITE WEDNESDAY



http://fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com










Although I normally love to be surrounded by color, the hot summer weather sometimes makes me think of the cool, crisp simplicity of white furnishings.


"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"
--Leonardo da Vinci



Possibly the most gorgeous bed I've ever seen! 
Sweet dreams would be insured for anybody sleeping here, don't you think? 




The iconic Pottery Barn sofa could be the perfect starting point for any room.



I'm trying not to think about how much time and effort would be required to iron these 100%  linen  place mats and napkins! I love the embroidered corners.



After all that ironing, I might need a spa day!




Go ahead... treat yourself to some fresh flowers. They're such a nice little luxury, and you deserve it!

10 comments:

  1. love all the white inspiration you posted. My fav is the sofa~! Oh how I wish I had one of those or maybe 3 even :)

    happy thoughts
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my...have to agree with you...the bed is Quite dreamy! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that bed - I could see a sweet nap being had there! Love the plush robe and white dishes ....very charming post,
    BTW - in Georgia too! My husband is a Georgian and we moved to his rural hometown. Love the life
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful whites.
    I am so glad I found your blog this morning.
    I am now a follower and will be back!
    I agree-
    That bed is amazing.

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful white dishes. That bed is sooooo dreamy! Happy White Wednesday!

    Back Porch Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, all of your whites are refreshing, Tracey! Have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a fluffy terry robe and if a spa treatment comes with it...even better.

    Thanks for helping me with the window seat. Stripes sounds like a plan to me.

    Have a great weekend.

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your white images~ they do seem cool & soothing in this heat! Chuckling over the ironing & needing a spa day to recover...ironing is against my religion :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of your whites! I'm dropping by for Pink Saturday, but I really enjoyed this post, too!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails